Chyavanaprasam ( also called Chyawanprash ) is a delicious, nutritive jam that has been used in Ayurveda for thousands of years to boost overall vitality and protect against disease.
Chyawanprash is named after a Rishi, or sage by the name of Chyawan, who was the first person to prepare this tonic. The story starts off with the sage, who was quite old in the beginning, restoring his youthfulness and vitality with the use of this herbal tonic.
Chyawanprash is made with a mixture of herbs and substances. The base is amalaki fruit (Emblica officinalis) also called Amla or Indian Gooseberry. Amla is one of the worlds richest sources of Vitamin C (they say 30 times more Vitamin C than oranges!)
The formula also contains several other herbs including ashwagandha, saffron, long pepper, white sandalwood, cardamom, tulsi, brahmi, arjun, jatamansi, neem.
It also contains ghee, sesame oil, sugar, and honey. The honey, ghee, and sesame oil serve as yogavahis (catalytic agents) to carry the herbs deep into the tissues.
Benefits of Chyavanaprasam
- Eases constipation
- Strengthens the immune system
- Improves memorization and concentration
- Calms the nervous system
- Slow down the effects of aging process
- Enhances fertility and keeps menstruation regular
- Purifies the blood, eliminates toxins and is beneficial to liver
- Improves complexion and fights against bacterial skin infection
- Acts as an antidepressant and tranquilizer for persons suffering from depression
- Promotes absorption of calcium, leading to stronger bones and teeth
- Improves muscle tone by enhancing protein synthesis
- Deeply recommended for the children and old persons
Its regular consumption will protect you from the diseases of the respiratory system and will reinforce your organism in its globality by balancing the 3 doshas.
Our Happy Customers
KOTTAKKAL AVS - CHYAVANAPRASAM
Use coupon code HEALTH10 at checkout